Gateway RV & Mini Storage your friendly neighborhood U-HAUL dealer
We have a state-of-the-art facility with the best customer service around! When you rent from us, you'll have 24-hour access to your belongings. Give us a call or book online today!
Gateway Storage provides your business with a convenient, secure and cost effective way for you to expand operations and maintain a competitive edge.
Gateway Storage has helped companies grow and manage their storage needs. Whether it is record storage, inventory management and control, or just to free up prime commercial space.
There's lots of reasons to rent a storage unit, but there's also lots of tips and tricks to pick up along the way. Here's a few things we've learned in our adventures of paid storage...
1. Pallets, Pallets, Pallets: Keeping your items off the floor is almost essential. It might sound silly, but before renting your unit, there's no way to promise that the melting snow won't come under the door, or the adjacent unit won't have a spill that soaks its way into your heirloom sofa.
2. Wrap What You Can: Each time you use a storage unit; wrap what you can in industrial plastic wrap. That way, you know that things are sealed up tight and it won't collect dust or creepy crawlies while it's doing time.
3. Use A Heavy-Duty Disc Padlock: At Gateway Storage we can supply you with all-weather padlocks that have a short arm to ensure a bolt cutter can't slide its way in to be sliced open!
4. Label, Label, Label: Even though you know exactly what you're putting in your storage unit at the time you open it, that doesn't mean in 6 months when you need back in it that you won't be digging for ages and opening random boxes until you find what you're after. Label everything. The hidden, the obvious, and you can even go as far as to make a checklist that hangs inside the door telling you where something might be (back right corner under the desk = cameras to sell on eBay).
5. Plan For Temperature Changes: Although this might not be an issue in some parts of the country, there are a few things that don't like the cold or the heat and should either be double wrapped or well insulated or not stored at all. Electronics, vinyl records, old photos (if humid), things of that nature all come out a little less awesome when not stored properly.
6. Bust Out Your Tetris Skills: Even the smallest storage unit can hold a great deal, just make sure you use the space wisely which means packing things all the way to the ceiling. Bringing in plywood to lay across several boxes can help stabilize layers as your stacking it up, up and up! It will take the pressure off the tops of your boxes and help keep things safe.
Protecting your valuables can be affordable, safe and convenient.
Come check out our variety of unit sizes to meet your storage needs.
Gateway Storage, Buller Trailer Sales LTD
231 Andover Cres.
Kamloops, BC V2C 6X2
|Monday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|